The Teen SOYO Movement seeks to integrate each young person fully into the Total life of the Church. SOYO brings its members to a deeper devotion to the Holy Orthodox Church, its faith, canons and worship. Teen SOYO creates and fosters ministries to encourage Members to commit themselves to living the Orthodox Faith daily.
The combination of Worship, Witness, Service and Fellowship are the natural expressions of that commitment. We define these expressions as follows:
Teen SOYO at St. John's is open to all youth 6th grade to age 19.
1) 24 July - 9-11am - Service event at Off the Streets Lancaster. We're scheduled to help 2 families transition from homelessness to permanent housing by helping to load moving vans and set up some based housing fixtures. The event can accommodate 2 adults and 6 teens. Please let me know if you are able to participate. I can offer car pooling from the Church.
2) 31 July - 10am - Summer Hike with Fr. Nicholas Belcher. This event is a Diocesan event at Allamuchy Mountain State Park. Event will be @2-3 hours - a hike and discussion with Fr. Nicholas Belcher. I can offer rides from the church leaving @745am. Please sign-up for the event and list me as the advisor accompanying your teen. https://forms.gle/UUhyKHmTKpJbsgJKA
3) 23 July - 9pm - Virtual Teen SOYO event - Archdiocese Convention. We hear there will be fun and real prizes up for grabs - a pair of Beats headphones? We're looking into gathering the teens to participate in this event together! https://www.antiochianevents.com/convention
4) 24-26 September - Antiochian Village Eastern Dioceses Teen Retreat. This is a weekend retreat at the Antiochian Village to gather the teens together - we've missed you all so much! More information to come!
Other events currently being planned:
- Summer movie/retreat lock-in
- Monthly hotdog/smore roast after vespers and discussion with clergy
- Service event at women's care center
- Pool party
- Parish picnic soda sale
- teen vs. adult kickball game